Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Featured Shop: nourart

Today's featured shop is nourart.  Shop owner Erin Jorgensen specializes in printmaking, drawing, and bookbinding.  Here's what she has to say about herself and her work:
"I have been developing my art skills for many years. Drawing and painting were favorite pastimes during childhood and high school. I also studied art at Luther College, where I fell in love with printmaking and bookbinding. I have never tried living off of my art before now, partly because I was following other passions (languages, traveling) and partly because I doubted whether it was really possible. I recently quit my day job, hungering for work that speaks to who I am. I know a lot of people think I am crazy for doing that in this recession, but I feel that it is a now-or-never kind of thing! I may be poor by some folks' standards and facing some financial uncertainties, but I have time and my health and many supportive individuals in my life, and a creative and determined heart and mind... and all of that makes me feel very very rich. I really enjoy working with the Etsy community, which is full of so much creativity and a nurturing spirit, and I'm looking forward to further developing my shop while watching others evolve with their businesses."







No comments:

Post a Comment